Sunday 3 April 2016

Next Month...

... We will be mostly making these at the next meeting of Efemera Ink..I'm ahead of myself for once!


To make them you will need pelmet vilene, ribbons, lace, patterned paper,embossing powder, sequins and buttons.


Cut a piece of vilene 6x6 ins, iron on strips of paper.. it will stick to the vilene, emboss with gold powder.


Stitch on strips of ribbon and trim. Cut out a 4 in circle.. I used the Big Shot, cut 2 wings, I used a leaf die.Punch out a square of orange card.



Fold circle in half trapping the folded square of card in one end.. stitch around, glue on the wings and add the eyes....done! I threaded them onto a long coloured string with buttons in between the birds.


6 comments:

Sid said...

Beautiful birdies Effie, must have a go at these ...... they look so colourful !!

Karen said...

Awe!!!!! These are delightful :-D x

Sue Jones said...

These are gorgeous xx

Chidkid said...

Very clever..perfect little birdies.

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Super fun! Thanks :)

Annie said...

I love your bright and super delightful birdies! I saw them on Pinterest.