Friday 13 August 2010

Birdcage....

Tim Holtz birdcage die... Love it?.. I thought I would as I like all things birdie but.....


UKStampers have a swap using this die... well I tried and tried but I just don't like the shape ( Is it against some law to say you don't like something of Mr Tim's?)

The whole thing seems a little dumpy to me so........

I cut off the two end bars and the holey bottom.... I like it a whole lot better now!
The paper for the background was a piece of not very sucessful hand painted stuff so it got the inky spray treatment.
The bird stamp is from Above the Mark.

14 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Nice bird - and the gold works really well. But I just can't get past the fact you cut off a holey bottom ...

:)

donna said...

WOW it does look better! Great idea. Just happened by and I love what you do! Cheers!

Roz said...

Sacrileg! How could you say something like that!

Netty said...

This is fabulous Effie, love it.
Annette x

Minxy said...

Oh i think i am loving my bird cage even more now.. didn't even think to alter the size, and it looks really cool so thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

great idea to chop the cage down a bit...not a crime not to like TH stuff, I know Im not a fan of this cage but I think I might have another play and try and see it differently and maybe do what youve done with it...thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea to chop it up a bit! Looks great!

Pat Beaumont said...

you've added an extra benefit to the cage - and it looks great

Pat Beaumont said...

love what you've done with the cage

Angelnorth said...

Looks lovely with the slimmer proportions and I like the fact your bird is escaping from it (which is my problem with the die, not the shape - can't stand caged birds!).

Artyjen said...

Mmmm like it much more now! I agree it did look a bit dumpy :) Maybe I'll reconsider getting it when I at last get my hands on a Vagabond!
xoxo Sioux

Heavenly Anarchist said...

great idea with the cage!

HannahBanana said...

Very nice indeed.
On another birdie note saw this and thought of you http://www.etsy.com/listing/53081268/turquoise-bird-buckle-with-lace-and-gray?ref=v1_other_1
x

jodpea said...

Wow, thats genius! That shape is so instantly recognisable as Sir Tim and u've created summat entirely different, I'm impressed!