Wednesday 18 August 2010

On Your Bike!

Still got the sewing head on........... but I couldn't resist this fabric from Pink Chalk Fabrics, the colours are fab and the bikes are just too cute! I altered (now there's a shock!) the length of the handle because I like a bag that will go over the shoulder.

I wasn't too keen on the eyelet pockets........... until...........

I came up with the idea of making little felt dangles....... the felt just seemed to go with the linen fabric!

........ Of course I didn't just buy the bicycles......... I bought the glasses in green and the helicopters in grey!.......... projects number 647!

10 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Great shape.

But 'felt dangles'? Really? [I think you throw phrases like that in just to entertain me ... ]

:D

Anonymous said...

lovin the bag but adore the felt danglies

Sid said...

Fantastic material and the danglies are to die for !!

Sue said...

Great bag! Just spent AGES wandering around the Pink Chalk site, they have some YUMMY stuff including Day of the Dead fabric!!mmmmmm can feel a spend coming on!

Heavenly Anarchist said...

Gorgeous, a lovely bag!
Wanders off to investigate 'green glasses'.........

Netty said...

Effie this is some terrific bag. Annette x

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic bag, love the fabric and the felt dangles are definitely it!

Darcy Marshall said...

wow you knocked that up quick, you only got the pattern on Monday. looks great,love your danglies.

Candace said...

Wow, love the bag and the little felt dangles are great

Thanks for sharing hugs Candace

Deborah said...

Fab bag! and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the helicopters.