Thursday 19 August 2010

Spooky!

What can you do with a polystyrene ring a bit of crepe paper and some Sizzix dies that have sat on a shelf forever ( They seemed a great purchase at the time!)...........

Make a wreath, I can never get these rings covered so they look nice... so this time I've just painted it with acrylic paint... bright green!

I cut lots of rageddy flowers with Flower Layers No2 die.. crepe paper is ideal for this as it's nice and floppy... and cheap! They were pinned on with a punched flower in black flocked card (Doodlebug I think)and a flower shaped sequin.
(Sounds scarily like you know what!)
The Phrase "Sweet with Skull" die was cut and pinned in place. Bats cut with the BatsNo3 die were covered in black glass glitter and glued onto florists wire and poked into the ring


an alternative is Pumpkin Toy....
or House, Spooky


All papers are Basic Grey Eerie..
This is the project for the monthly Efemera Ink group which meets next Monday...... I'm cutting it a bit fine with the samples...there's a Home Sweet Home one to make yet!

13 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Aha! At least that answers my question of what we're doing next week then!

I love them!

:D

Minxy said...

Oh man this is cool, my OH's mum loves halloween and would go barmy for one of these on the door

HannahBanana said...

Love the house one. Done with 'pretty' colours would make a fab house warming gift.
x

Sid said...

Great idea for a wreath, with interchangeable innards too !!

Unknown said...

Wow. This looks great.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

looks great, love the interchangable embellies

Hannah said...

Oh wow, that looks interesting, very spooky

GlitteryKatie said...

Awesome i love it!!!

Deborah said...

The flowers look fabulous in black crepe paper. Love it :-)

Virginia said...

Absolutely adore Halloween - this made me feel all festive and it's well it's only August LOL

Jenny said...

WOW! I want one! It looks fabulous babes! xxx

Katy said...

Inspired, I love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

FAB. Love it. S x