Tuesday 15 June 2010

Disaster!

I wanted to make this...............
From this book.......so I read the first paragraph, and thought I'd be a smarty pants and cut and sort all my pieces.........only to find I hadn't read ALL THE INTRUCTIONS!
I've cut half of them the wrong way round!........ that'll teach me!... so instead it's going to look like this!

The quilt underneath is one my Husbands Great Aunt made, it's about 50years old........all hand sewn!
I haven't got the patience for that........... and it seems I haven't got the skill either!


So in future I WILL read instructions properly!
Well....... maybe not!

10 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Ha ha ha!! Well it's still looks fab to me :-)

Hearts Turned said...

I'm so sorry, Effie! I think it looks beautiful! Just think of it this way....you just made your own pattern! You're so talented you don't have to follow someone else's ideas, right?!

Julie

Darcy Marshall said...

oh nooo! but it will look fab anyway. Love the vintage quilt, I will make a hand sewn one day.

I like reading destructions.

Sid said...

See, I told you to 'always read the instructions !'. Never mind, it turned out ok anyway and if it had been me it would have been diabolical.......I can't sew !! :-0

Angelnorth said...

Well I think it looks gorgeous, even if it's not what you were intending! Just had a nice browse through your blog, you've added some fab stuff while I've been on my hols!

Netty said...

Hi Effie, I think it looks fab. Annette x

Unknown said...

Sounds like something I would do ha ha and your G'mothers quilt is just divine

love Dawn xx

LME said...

Looks great :)

sewtakeahike said...

oh no! totally something I would do Effie. I'm so bad at being told what to do, I just have such a hard time reading instructions! and when I do, I think "hmm, there's GOT to be an easier way."
Your great Aunt's quilt is gorgeous!

Heavenly Anarchist said...

Looks great anyway. That book is already sitting on my Amazon list but how long can I wait out.......