Monday 29 November 2010

I Thought .......

I'd share this....... some time ago I found this in a local antique/junk shop. I cost me the huge some of £10, a little on the expensive side I thought at the time but It's given me a huge amount of pleasure even though most of the contents are still inside and I'm not sure what to do with them.

I'll share a little more of the contents as Christmas approaches..

A sneaky peek!


The thing I always think of every time I look at the box is the note that was left at the bottom under all the other contents, it read......
Tree lights in the bottom of the wardrobe.
I guess that wardrobe is long gone but I like to think that whoever these things once belonged to they would like to think their things are still being appreciated.

6 comments:

Artyjen said...

Ooh! Old Christmas decs.....how wonderful :)
xoxo Sioux

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

How fascinating! I love to find bits of other people's histories and lives and imagine what might have been.

Sid said...

What a very interesting box of tricks you have there Effie !!

Sue said...

Looks like a box I'd have taken home too! Can't wait for the big reveal.

Netty said...

So nostalgic. Enjoy. Annette x

Tinkertaylor said...

I did so enjoy sharing your box of delights yesterday. It brought back lots of lovely childhood memories and I look forward to seeing the contents revealed and all the ooos and ahhhhs that are bound to follow. Bargain at twice the price me thinks.